Year of The Dog

Happy New Year!

This the the first day of the Chinese New Year, and it's a good one for all dog lovers. Because it's theYear of The Dog. Yay!!

Even Google has gotten in on this, with Google AdSense ads featuring dogs. I have to admit - they look rather cool.

In just a few weeks, Miss Peaches and I will be starting obedience school. Although the classes are nominally for the PeachesSqueeches (it's too late for me - or so I've been told) I'm sure they'll be good for both of us, because I am not the greatest disciplinarian. My other dogs are so easy, but Peaches is a bit of a handful, so I'll have to make an effort to be more consistent than is my normal urge.

I know what I should be doing, but quite frankly, there are days when I am so tired, that I just don't have the energy to be firm. And that means that I'm inconsistent - death to good training, as any animal behaviorist will tell you..

Mea culpa.

Surely the Year of the Dog is a good omen for us all...



No comments: